Nuoro Jazz Seminars take place every year in Nuono (Sardinia, Italy), at the end of August. It is a Jazz Harp practical course (pedal and lever harp) for harpists of all levels. The course aims at exploring the versatility of the harp in jazz improvisation and the use of improvisation not only in jazz but also in other musical contexts. Lessons will be collective, with some in-depth individual moments. Students will learn useful skills to perform and arrange both jazz standards and songs, focusing is on improvisation, comping and interpretation.
- Lessons will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. Every day except Sunday.
- Instrumental classes will be formed after the first day auditions according to each student level of preparation (there will be two or three levels). Timetable will be set in the preliminary meeting on the first day. It will allow all students to attend theoretical and instrumental lessons, regardless of their level.
- Jazz history, theory and instrumental classes will be held in the morning. Open rehearsals and combo classes (where the final performance repertoire will be prepared) will be held in the afternoon.
- Student can also attend two master classes: one on Sardinian traditional folk music and one held by a leading name in the international jazz scene. Attendance is free and is compatible with timetable of other lessons.
- Nuoro Jazz Festival live concerts will be take place every evening. Special reduced-price subscription will be available for all students.
- jam sessions will take place every night, after the evening concerts, at the Nuoro’s jazz club.